HP Prime G2 stuck in exam mode
12-22-2021, 02:13 AM
RE: HP Prime G2 stuck in exam mode
Tim,

I spent most of my career using HP Test equipment and in the 90s I trained on the HP / EESOF Design Suite - Series IV. HPs test equipment was first class and it was obvious that a huge effort must have been behind Series IV. I wish it had been available in the 70s.

Hearing you talk about the process brings back good memories. Series IV was a steep learning curve for me, but turned out to be an incredible help - once I became proficient. I've used HP calculators throughout my career. I bought the Prime - just because I knew it would be a challenge to my brain - good exercise for older folks!

I hadn't used Series IV for a year and when I needed it again, we had upgraded to ADS - and I felt lost. I never developed any proficiency - I retired soon after. So yes, all your user interface themed meetings - and I still stumbeled. You should have added 'just do it!', or 'it's that simple - really!'

I wish I could remember their names - the person who trained us for on Series IV for a week - I rember we called him Belt Buckle. He was a,big guy and had this massive belt buckle. He was a real character - I think he lived on a ranch in Northern California near the eastern border (an area I love). He knew his product.

The other gentleman worked in a support call center and he was incredible - either had the answer on the spot (more then not), or never took long to get it. AND he was almost always there as if he never had anything else to do - almost 24/7.

Whenever work sucked (because getting it done was more important then done right), one of us would always say "wish we worked at HP" - with the products they turned out, we imagined it as engineering paradise.

Well that is way off topic. I appreciate your help / patience!

Pete
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP Prime G2 stuck in exam mode - PSquared - 12-20-2021, 10:47 PM
RE: HP Prime G2 stuck in exam mode - PSquared - 12-22-2021 02:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)