48 User RPL command name to/from prolog mapping
01-14-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: 48 User RPL command name to/from prolog mapping
(01-10-2022 10:19 AM)dmh Wrote:  I'm trying to find where and how User RPL commands (eg SIN, +, HOME etc) are mapped to their address (prolog) and vice versa.

I found an article that says the command string is immediately before the relevant System RPL code but I can't see it there. I'm wondering if this is done via another table or two to allow quick translation both ways.

I went looking for the full code to the 48S/G but couldn't find it anywhere, I thought someone would have disassembled and uploaded somewhere but doesn't appear so.

Any pointers or information appreciated.

TIA, dmh

Commands that are within a library follow that format, so they include the name immediately before the code. I think there was a length 2 nibbles right before the code, which allowed you to skip to the beginning of the name.

You should start your search here:
https://www.hpcalc.org/details/1717

Other commands are direct execution and there's no name, you need some kind of EXTABLE library to decompile. The userRPL exposed commands I believe they are all DOROMP so they should have their name before the code.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 48 User RPL command name to/from prolog mapping - Claudio L. - 01-14-2022 03:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)