[Wip] Primedev - a Web based IDE for PPL and Python dev.
02-12-2022, 03:56 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2022 03:21 PM by Beatskip.)
[Wip] Primedev - a Web based IDE for PPL and Python dev.
Hi guys, so I've been working on the initial setup do make an intuitive and useable IDE
For both PPL and python development without any hassles and tools.
Just open the browser, connect to your prime and start coding.

It's very very much early state, only just got the initial communication via WebHID working. But I'm looking for people interested in contributing in the form of knowledge. As everyone knows, the Hid protocol is very sparsely documented and I think the community could most definitely use a proper IDE to get the most out of this very powerful calculator. the actual code editor portion is actually the same as is used in VsCode. So i should be able to add all the nice code prediction and completion features of VsCode later on. for both Python and PPL (later on even include all the built-in libraries into the code completion) Big Grin

Anyone interested, feel free to leave a message here or contact me otherwise. the progress can be followed on github at:

https://github.com/BeatSkip/PrimeDev

Update: 27/02/2022

okay, so almost at the point of MVP. right now, pretty much the entire protocol is working fine, reading apps works fine, still got some of the binary portions of the different file types to work through.
but i should be able to make a functional python editor before all that has been nailed down.
for the people that are curious. here's a preview of the IDE page.
(and yes, i painstakingly made almost picture perfect SVG clones of all HP Prime icons, yes that was way more work than the result was worth. but hey, *shiny* )

agian, if anyone has (complete-ish) documentation on the different data formats used (more than just the couple wiki pages and two github libraries i've been working off of), your input is valued a lot! Smile

Update: 04/03/2022
a test version is now live at: https://primedev.polyform.wiki/
you can connect, browse around and edit files. just saving back to your prime is not enabled yet as i'm still working out the details of that correctly. but toying around for feedback is definitely possible. note this 'only' works for the G2 right now. as the HID packets are fixed at 1024 bytes right now in the protocol. this means that it could possibly fuck with your G1!!!!!! although it 'shouldn't' as it currently doesn't push any large packets back. but yeah, i take no responsibility. I only have a G2 to play and test with.

otherwise in it's current form, it doesn't actually push any data back to the prime, as i want to fully debug that feature before i allow people to write back to their prime in the public version.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[Wip] Primedev - a Web based IDE for PPL and Python dev. - Beatskip - 02-12-2022 03:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)