Evaluate function with parameter
02-15-2022, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2022 05:16 PM by Didier Lachieze.)
RE: Evaluate function with parameter
Yes, it seems that with the latest software versions the content of the program part of the standard apps has changed. When you open the Function (App) in the program catalog the name is Function:main(Cas), so it seems to expect a CAS program, not a PPL one.

I initially did it with the iOS Prime app which has still the old apps content.

So I've copied the content of my custom app to the connectivity kit and then to the virtual Prime on Windows and it worked fine, I've then transferred the custom app to my Prime G2 with the latest firmware and it worked fine also.

So here it is. You need to extract the .hpappdir file from the zip file and then drag and drop to the connectivity kit to your virtual or physical Prime.

EDIT: I've refined the app to include checks on the number of parameter values to ensure they are within the number of functions available in the Symb view (10) and F0 will now be used for the 10th value of the parameter. I've also made the Input values persistent by moving the related variables from Local to App variables, so that when reopening F-Param you will keep the previous input values. This can be useful when you want to just change some of them, such as the interval or the number of steps.

.zip  F-Param.hpappdir.zip (Size: 1.69 KB / Downloads: 19)

When launching F-Param you should get an input screen such as this one:

Then you'll get to the Symb view with all appropriate functions populated and checked:

The Input variables are now in the F-Param App Program variables:

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evaluate function with parameter - Didier Lachieze - 02-15-2022 09:48 PM
RE: Evaluate function with parameter - jte - 09-24-2023, 01:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)