[V41 + IRBlinky + HP82240B] PRPLOT fails on example
02-25-2022, 11:09 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2022 01:36 PM by Didier Lachieze.)
RE: [V41 + HP82240B] PRPLOT fails on example
I think I reproduced your set-up with:
I configured V41 as you did:
  • HP41CX Operating System
  • AVIATION
  • NAVIGATION
  • 82160 HP-IL

I started the ILBlinky interface, the 82240B printer and initialized the Virtual IL with PWRUP. Then printing to the virtual 82240B was functional.

I tried the example described here to print graphics ensuring that the MAN mode was set (Flags 15 and 16 cleared) and it failed as visible on the screenshot below:

The first line printed was the X register with PRX

The second line is the ACCOL graphic output where clearly the printer is interpreting the print buffer as characters and not as graphic. After each ACCOL the character was visible on the printer text window but not on the graphic window, it's only after the last PRBUF that the line appeared on the graphic window.

Then I switched to TRACE mode (flag 15 set, flag 16 cleared) to verify the print mode was working correctly, and it was.

I tried also to build a special character as described here and again it failed, no graphic output.

So it seems that the HP82240B Printer Simulator and/or the ILBlinky are not handling the HP 41 graphic instructions correctly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [V41 + HP82240B] PRPLOT fails on example - Didier Lachieze - 02-25-2022 11:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)