Virtual Prime does not connect to CK
03-19-2022, 06:24 PM
RE: Virtual Prime does not connect to CK
(03-19-2022 01:05 PM)BruceH Wrote:  @DG7RBN

You don't actually need the network for communicating between the CK and a virtual prime on the same computer.

In the virtual Prime's preferences set 'Enable Network' to unticked. In CK preferences un-tick all the boxes except 'Local Pipe'. (I left the network name unchanged at 'HP_Classroom')

Stop and restart both programs if you made a change in either.

This works for me on a VMware hosted Windows 10: start both programs and after a second or two the CK recognises the presence of the Prime emulator. But, annoyingly, the CK becomes unresponsive and pauses for many seconds at a time, occasionally complaining about the lack of mDNS (I don't have Bonjour installed). So it looks like a bug: even though you've chosen not to use the network, it still wants bits of the network stack to be present.

In my case the Program hangs about 10 seconds when the service ist not started. In my memories the "Bonjour Service" is going installed with the HP Virtual Calculator. What is, if you install the 32 bit version of the Virtual Calculator?

In my Preferences from the HP Connectivity Kit, I checked now the minimum of options, which has to be checked to get the Calculator listed. Check "Enable Nework" and "MultiBroadcast", the rest ist deactivated. Then I first run "HP Prime Virual Calculator (2021 10 1) and then "HP Connectivity Kit (2021 10 1) and it works fine form me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Virtual Prime does not connect to CK - Tschumi81 - 03-19-2022 06:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)