HP Prime G2 die when i turn it off while charging
03-23-2022, 04:56 AM
HP Prime G2 die when i turn it off while charging
Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my HP Prime G2 (2AP18AA). I just received it a few days ago, brand new so this is the first charge. When the device is off, I plug in the charger, the screen lights up and the icon says charging. I saw the screen light so I decided to turn it off (while still plugged in the charger), as soon as I pressed [Shift] + [On] keys to turn off the device, the screen suddenly flashed and there was a small noise with a slight smell burned and the calculator turned off. I immediately unplugged the charging cord, removed the battery and the cover. After removing the lid to look at it, I noticed that one component was burned and had a strong burning smell. I don't understand why it happens because I usually turn off my Ti84 plus CE while charging and nothing happens. Previously I also had HP Prime, version NW280AA, it also died while charging for no reason.
I don't understand how HP Prime can be damaged so easily, it's clearly a hardware or design fault.
According to the information I find out, the burnt component maybe is the A476 tatalum capacitor. Please help, Is my case covered by warranty? if not, where can I find this part to replace the burnt part of my HP Prime G2, will it work again?
Thank you everyone!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP Prime G2 die when i turn it off while charging - dophuc - 03-23-2022 04:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)