Presenting your collection of non HP calculators, is anyone interested of that?
04-08-2022, 05:17 PM
RE: Presenting your collection of non HP calculators, is anyone interested of that?
(04-08-2022 11:44 AM)vaklaff Wrote:  I'm not a photographer, sorry for the poor quality. Anyway, here are a few programmables I find interesting...

Thanks for posting these.

The Sharp Elsi Mate PC-1200 is very interesting as this has a label that this is a "Pocket Computer" yet is a vertical format machine.

Generally speaking, Sharp marketed horizontal format devices as Pocket Computers and vertical format devices as calculators. While it was not uncommon to market horizontal devices as calculators (e.g. the EL-5500, El-5500II, EL-5500III which were all retail channel "calculator" models of the VAR channel PC-1403 line) I've never seen the opposite of a vertical format device positioned as a Pocket Computer.

Looking around a bit quickly, I see only the PC-1200 and PC-1201 and PC-1300S that are of this type, and all are from the late-70's, so probably before they standardized the naming and channel conventions used for most of the later models we all know.

Thanks for picking that one to share!

I also agree the TI-65 and -67 were interesting machines, but painfully slow...

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Collecting for fun - striegel - 04-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Poor quality, he says! - striegel - 04-08-2022, 12:06 PM
RE: Presenting your collection of non HP calculators, is anyone interested of that? - rprosperi - 04-08-2022 05:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)