HP27 Restoration (Lots of Corrosion)
05-13-2022, 04:03 PM
RE: HP27 Restoration (Lots of Corrosion)
(05-12-2022 04:49 AM)calc-calcs Wrote:  Guess now all is left is to break open the battery case and put in two new Eneloop AA cells. Have done this a couple of other times in the past, but on this occasion seem to be having a bit of difficulty fully separating the two halves of this stubborn battery case. Its been a while since I did this the last time but can't remember it being so difficult.

Congratulations on the restoration. Always nice to get one of these little wonders working again. Although not an exact answer for your question, I've used an alternative method for restoring the battery case that I read about here. Simply remove the dividing strip that runs down the center of the underside of the case. You can then extract the old NiCd's and replace with Eneloops. Add your own springs and be sure to mark the polarity of the batteries inside the case, or on the bottom of the case. If you're a stickler for maintaining an original look for the case then you can simply cut one end of the strip at the bottom (near the contacts) and bend it upward to insert or remove batteries.

Give it a try, it works well and doesn't require taping the sides of the divided case to keep the two halves together.

~Mark

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP27 Restoration (Lots of Corrosion) - mfleming - 05-13-2022 04:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)