Most mind-blowing program for your favorite calculator
06-30-2022, 03:40 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2022 03:41 PM by Maximilian Hohmann.)
RE: Most mind-blowing program for your favorite calculator
Hello!

(06-19-2022 06:34 PM)Garth Wilson Wrote:  I had a TI-59 program in about 1983 with around 1500 steps. Since the '59 didn't have that much memory, I had it prompt for different cards when needed, kind of like disc-swapping. I don't remember anymore what the program was for.

I still have four cards for my Ti59 that were required to numerically solve a system of differential equations. This must have been around the same year, 1982 or 83, part of an excercise for a university course "numerical methods for solving differential equations in engineering" (or similar).
The alternative to swapping cards on my Ti59 at home would have been to queue in front of a keypunch at the university computer center.

That was probably the most intense thing I ever did with a programmable calculator, although I would not call it "mind blowing" as in the thread title. Rather brute force or "not using the right tool for the job".

Regards
Max
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most mind-blowing program for your favorite calculator - Maximilian Hohmann - 06-30-2022 03:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)