A practical modern Pocket PC
07-11-2022, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2022 02:55 PM by Chr Yoko.)
A practical modern Pocket PC
Hi,
For those who are looking for a practical modern "Pocket PC", hereby the one i just got to enjoy since last week and that i can't wait to share my latest gadget !
(PS: i am not affiliated with the company making it !)

GPD Pocket 3
Tiny but powerfull with its i7 1195G7 processor, 16Gb Ram and 1Tb SSD ; beautiful full CNC aluminium body and quality keyboard.

It also has a modular port that one can convert into RS232C or KVM with an HDMI Input.
It can also be turned into a small factor tablet , perfect for our favorite calculators emulators.

Hereby some quick pictures to show scale as it is shorter than the HP-75C. "Almost Pocket sized".

You van get it directly from Hong kong on Indiegogo :
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pocke...29399708#/

That company is now just launching an other slightly larger model , the Winmax 2 here :
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gpd-w...29399708#/

The version using AMD 6800U seems to be super fast also for video games thanks to its powerfull APU. It even has integrated joysticks for those interested.

I intend to use the Pocket 3 as my "desktop replacement" main personal PC as soon as i will transfer all my stuff from a desktop ITX i7 4790K almost 10 years old build. The Pocket 3 will be hooked to external 4K screens and keyboard/mouse when at home.

As an always optimistic, I found quite fascinating that our favorite old form factor may see a kind of revival right now thanks to those new great processors available from Intel and AMD !

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A practical modern Pocket PC - Chr Yoko - 07-11-2022 02:54 PM
RE: A practical modern Pocket PC - carey - 07-11-2022, 04:38 PM
RE: A practical modern Pocket PC - Dan C - 07-11-2022, 04:49 PM
RE: A practical modern Pocket PC - HP-12C - 07-11-2022, 10:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)