HHC 2022 - Programming Contest - no responses until after 6am Monday 6am CENTRAL
09-24-2022, 09:49 PM
RE: HHC 2022 - Programming Contest - no responses until after 6am Monday 6am CENTRAL
My apologies to Valentin Albillo, as I had intended to make sure this was posted a couple of weeks ago.

The HHC Programming challenge is very similar to the 2006 Short & Sweet Math Challenge #14: Cooking Conjectures !, Conjecture 3: rare.

This is the link to the thread: SSMC #14

I did not remember this challenge when coming up with the contest problem and found the idea independently, and as it had been 16 years since the SSMC #14, decided to let it run through the indicated period.

However, I did NOT intend to delay pointing interested readers to Valentin's earlier challenge for solutions, ideas, etc.

Apologies.

As to the questions sometimes asked about which machines are eligible, since at the conference we are judging the shortest solution or length x execution time for the "best" routine, we do have to limit which machines are used for submissions. For nearly 40 years, we have had an RPN contest and since the 48SX days an RPL contest. I don't believe HHC has ever had another type of contest. So for the in person contest, that's what we do.

Forum members are more than welcome to post whatever solutions using whatever machines they wish here, of course! Comparability with the conference is the reason RPN and RPL are usually listed in the requirements...which do not apply really to the forum participants.

So please go to Valentin's SSMC #14 and see what you think vs. what was done here.

And thanks to Valentin for the enjoyment these bring.
Gene
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HHC 2022 - Programming Contest - no responses until after 6am Monday 6am CENTRAL - Gene - 09-24-2022 09:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)