[VA] SRC #012a - Then and Now: Probability
10-17-2022, 06:29 PM
RE: [VA] SRC #012a - Then and Now: Probability
(10-17-2022 06:01 PM)Valentin Albillo Wrote:  
Dave Britten Wrote:Sharp PC-1403H version of Valentin's 71B program (I didn't really have to change much, aside from minor syntactic/keyword differences) [...] This model takes about 4 hours to run for the 30, 60 case [...]

Thanks for taking the trouble to key in my program into the PC-1403H, appreciated. That model is slow as molasses and the fact that you had to use FOR..NEXT loops to clear and copy matrices at each of the 60 steps slows down the program even further.

I would be curious to know how long does it take Mr. Chan's fastest non-symmetric (general) program to run the (30, 60) case in: (a) The 1403H, and (b) a physical HP-71B, if you'd obligue.

V.

The results are in: it took around 4 hours to run the 30, 60 scenario on the pure-BASIC 1403H program. But it looks like I can speed this up by using the ROM-based matrix routines to handle copying/swapping/zeroing the matrices. Current estimates with smaller parameters suggests I might trim 1/3 off the runtime. We'll see! It's only been going about 20 minutes now.

I'll have to take a look at Albert's program and see if that might be usable (and possibly faster) here.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [VA] SRC #012a - Then and Now: Probability - Dave Britten - 10-17-2022 06:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)