Examples of Memory MAP with 2x Clonix-D?
10-09-2022, 11:56 AM
RE: Examples of Memory MAP with 2x Clonix-D?
Hi Sylvain, all,

After re-reading my post, you're right: it's unclear whether or not NoV-64d + Clonix-D is a safe configuration.

Details:
It is perfectly safe to run a short process <30 sec. and/or key-punching operations.

It 'may' be safe for longer (hours) processes if your HP-41 is equipped with a 1826-0953 power supply IC; which of course most users don't know and there's no way to find out except opening the calc and checking the part nr. (not advisable for several reasons: e.g. screw post cracking).

With this scenario, I'd apply the "better safe than sorry" idiom and will avoid long running programs while NoV-64(d) + Clonix-D are both plugged.

Either case, these are very precautory limitations intended to avoid any damage to any HP-41 caused by power supply abuse and have worked pretty well along all these years.

Based on my experience, I'm convinced that these parts (both IC's) will keep on working perfectly well even when 200mA current is draining continuously but have never tested that end. (Of course battery life will drop accordingly, and that is something to account also.)

Best wishes from the Canary Islands.

Diego.

"Do not suppose, check it twice."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Examples of Memory MAP with 2x Clonix-D? - Diego Diaz - 10-09-2022 11:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)