For Sale: APF 55 Non-HP RPN for your collection
10-04-2022, 05:25 AM
RE: For Sale: APF 55 Non-HP RPN for your collection
Matt - the battery pack in the APF 55 is indeed internal and not readily accessible. There are 4 screws in the case bottom, and the pack consists of 3 x AA size NiCd cells (originally) that were soldered together and have soldered wires that connect to the charger socket and the circuit board. Replacement requires (de-)soldering.

In this unit I have removed the batteries (to prevent damage from leaking batteries) and left the battery pack leads (wires) in place. It is possible to replace the batteries and reconnect the wires. It is also possible to operate the calc without the batteries (this is how I have been using the calculator).

If anyone wants this unit with a fresh NiMh battery pack (NiMh being the more contemporary replacement for NiCd) I am happy to do this for $15 (on top of the agreed-upon sale price for the calc and accessories). Personally I leave batteries out of any calc that will work without them, I have way too many horror stories involving calcs that have been seriously damaged by batteries leaking :-(
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: For Sale: APF 55 Non-HP RPN for your collection - markhen - 10-04-2022 05:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)