Finding zeros or using Solve()
10-03-2022, 06:06 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2022 06:23 AM by C.Ret.)
RE: Finding zeros or using Solve()
Hi there,

I think Joe Horn is right. There is a constraint imposed on the x variable.

(10-03-2022 03:20 AM)Joe Horn Wrote:  I suspect that either you're doing something wrong (e.g. using uppercase 'X' in CAS instead of lowercase 'x', or doing it in Home instead of in CAS), or your CAS Settings are askew, or the variable 'x' has a value in it (or an ASSUME has limited it to positive values), or your firmware needs updating, etc

The ASSUME and ADDITIONALLY commands allow you to limit the domain for a variable, see what I get by limiting x to strictly positive values:

[attachment=11193]

The ABOUT instruction checks status of a formal variable. It is by far the first thing to check.

If in doubt, check the status or reset your workspace. Or brutally, reset the entire calculator if you are in a hurry; that will save you a lot of stress and hassle.

The PURGE(x) or RESTART statements are designed for this. And as a last resort, if you don't know what else to do, a simple ON-Apps-ESC instantly puts ALL things back in their place.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Finding zeros or using Solve() - geepigs - 10-03-2022, 03:05 AM
RE: Finding zeros or using Solve() - C.Ret - 10-03-2022 06:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)