A functional difference between the 41C Full- and Half-Nut LCD driver?
10-13-2022, 12:04 PM
A functional difference between the 41C Full- and Half-Nut LCD driver?
(10-13-2022 09:08 AM)J-F Garnier Wrote:  
(10-13-2022 07:51 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  As it turns out, there's a difference in the way the [SPLASH] routine works between the FULLNUT and HALFNUT LCD drivers. Unfortunately I have no idea why this happens (which is not supposed to!), but the good news is that I figured out the code changes needed to make it work properly on each type.

We already discussed this problem previously, unfortunately with no definitive conclusion on the cause.
I don't believe there is a difference between the FN and HN LCD drivers, except the extra characters of course.
I'm more suspecting a problem in the driver emulation in the CL. But I don't own this machine and I will not investigate myself.
Someone with non-CL FN and HN machines may confirm that there is no difference relative to the SPLASH screen behaviour between FN and HN.

(10-13-2022 10:03 AM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  With LIBRARY4 in page 4, OSX3 ROMs (4 banks) in page 8 & 16CS ROMs (4 banks) in page 9.
On the 41CX-FN, I get → "XROM:16:00 → "¯ -LIB#4-R ."
On the 41CX-HN, I get → "XROM:16:00 → "-LIB#4-R60b."

With LIBRARY4_CL in page 4, OSX3 ROMs (4 banks) in page 8 & 16CS ROMs (4 banks) in page 9.
On the 41CX-FN, I get → "XROM:16:00 → "-LIB#4-R60 ."
On the 41CX-HN, I get → "XROM:16:00 → after some characters scrolling the screen goes blank and freeze

So I may be wrong but that's even more interesting: a undocumented functional difference between the FN and HN LCD drivers?

And that's interesting for all developers of HP-41C emulators: how do the 2 LIB4 versions behave with the existing emulators?
Ángel, it would help if you could document the difference between the two LIB4 code versions.

J-F
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A functional difference between the 41C Full- and Half-Nut LCD driver? - J-F Garnier - 10-13-2022 12:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)