[HP41/71B/75D HP-IL ILPER ILVIDEO] PIL-Storage multiple connection
12-14-2022, 10:38 AM
[HP41/71B/75D HP-IL ILPER ILVIDEO] PIL-Storage multiple connection
Hello,
I want to see what are the possible mix therefore setup of different HW HP41/HP71B/HP75D connected to a single PIL-Storage described there https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-19053.html (which optionally can be contacted to a screen; therefore ILPER printing area and ILVIDEO could be seen).
Perhaps with one PIL-Box or several PIL-Box for each HP41/71B/75D in different USB ports therefore I need to understand the hardware interactions
- depending of I/O Module present
- depending of machine type
- depending of machine on/off
- depending of how many virtual loop in the PC
- depending of the number of virtual drives

Comments/remarks from people here are welcome.

Questions:
- HP71B is the only one computer which can control its status with the standard (HP71B) HP-IL. Correct?
- HP41 and HP75D can only control its status if it has an I/O Module? (I think so; else these computers are as "controller" by default when in an HP-IL)
- HP71B can have a double HP-IL in order to control 2 different HP-IL-Loops with loops cab be with or without HP41 / HP75 in it (condition is the HP41 and HP75D changed their own status to receiver by an I/O module)
- HP41 and HP75D in the same loop dont work if they dont have their own I/O module and one has the status controller and the other status receiver (the HP41 or HP75D without an I/O Module will be a controller by default): one must control its status by its own I/O module (the status of an HP75D cannot be defined by an HP41-controller; but for example the HP75D must define its own status as receiver before the HP41 as controller will work correctly)
- A virtual drive in ILPER can only be reached in a PC inside the same virtual loop? (= 1 HP41 and 1 HP71B cannot be connected to the same virtual drive if both are not in the same HP-IL loop). probably the loop lock the virtual drive and nothing can happens with that file from another loop. But perhaps not and the system is dynamic with reading the HP-IL commands.
- Any HP41 or HP75D in a loop (with or without I/O module) must be switched on? (else it will break the loop)
- It is preferred to have a virtual drive different for each hardware ? (one for HP41, another one for HP71B, another one for HP75D). If a common virtual drive is ok, is it ok for all 3 HP41 and HP71B and HP75D files? or only HP71B/HP75D?
- ILVIDEO80 can be contacted from 2 different virtual loops?
- HP75D can have an output to ILVIDEO but it must be selected like in HP41 with the HP-IL command (HP71B make output automatically in ILVEDEO80 because it detects it).

I suppose the setup for following hardware
- HP41 w/ HP-IL, w/ PIL-Box, without I/O Module
- HP71B w/ HP-IL (single; not double)
- HP75D w/ I/O Module
with PIL-Storage will be
a) HP41 in its own HP-IL loop and one PIL-Box connected to USB Port 1 of the PIL-Storage and ILPER (HDRIVE1 in ILPER)
b) HP71B and HP75D in the same HP-IL loop and one another PIL-Box connected to USB Port 2 of the PIL-Storage in HP-IL virtual loop ILPILBOX with HRDIVE2 for HP71B and HDRIVE3 for HP75D and VIDEO80 in the virtual loop

Then I will test
a) if the PIL-Storage is sensitive to PIL-Box connected or not to it via the 3 free USB ports of 4 available ports on the tested board (one is busy with the USB storage memory)
b) multi connection/access of the virtual drives in the same/different virtual loops

And post the result how must be a setup for succesfull works with several HW connected.

HP71 4TH/ASM & Multimod, HP41CV/X & Nov64d, PILBOX, HP-IL 821.62A & 64A & 66A, Deb11 64b-PC & PI2 3 4 w/ ILPER, VIDEO80, V41 & EMU71, DM41X, HP75D
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[HP41/71B/75D HP-IL ILPER ILVIDEO] PIL-Storage multiple connection - floppy - 12-14-2022 10:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)