Is HP Prime V1 still worth buying in 2023?
12-31-2022, 10:25 AM
RE: Is HP Prime V1 still worth buying in 2023?
(12-31-2022 09:08 AM)Didier Lachieze Wrote:  The Prime V1 is a perfectly fine calculator. But avoid the original version with the pale key legend colors which are almost unreadable, specially for aging eyes.
You can see the difference between the original and upgraded keyboard color schemes here.

I’m not aware of any quality issue on the Prime V1 other than the key legend colors. I own both V1 and V2 and I don’t see any difference on the keyboard between the two versions. The keys have the nice HP click feeling and register perfectly well, for comparison the original 12C keys are a little softer and the HP-48 keys a little harder. The fact that since 2013 nobody on this forum came with an " HP Prime keyboard quality issue" topic is a proof that this is a non-issue.

Thank you, I read the whole thread and it turns out that there is no way to know if the model listed for sale has the higher color contrast if I buy it online.

But on a menu driven calculator like the Prime, is the keyboard really that important?

HP-12C Gold / HP-12C Platinum
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is HP Prime V1 still worth buying in 2023? - lvt - 12-31-2022 10:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)