How many HP-25Cs have we lost?
01-21-2023, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2023 06:25 PM by Maximilian Hohmann.)
RE: How many HP-25Cs have we lost?
Hello!

(01-21-2023 05:59 PM)Thomas Klemm Wrote:  It also happened to participants of this forum.

When I found my first "Woodstock", an HP-25, on the flea market some 20 years ago, I was lucky because it came without a charger. Although I was already a registered member of this forum then, I had not yet come across the warnings regarding charging these without a battery. Maybe there weren't as many warnings on the forum back than compared to the last years. And because I had never encountered this issue with any other calculator I would probably have plugged in the calculator the very minute I came back from the flea market...

It is absolutely not the fault of the people who destroy Woodstocks by charging them without a battery (or with a bad battery in place), but entirely the fault of HP for designing such crap charging circuits. With every calculator that came before and most calculators that came after they demonstrated that they can do better.

Regards
Max
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How many HP-25Cs have we lost? - Maximilian Hohmann - 01-21-2023 06:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)