If only 1 more function…
01-23-2023, 03:04 AM
If only 1 more function…
Several HP’s left me wishing that they had just 1 more function…the 42S would benefit from XROOT(Y), the 35S with d/dx. That said, I very much like both. The 42S with a good amount of program space, nice handling of matrices and complex numbers, up to 6 letter labeling of variables, a decent statistics analysis capability. I like how the 42S can deal with undefined endpoints in an integral with a defined result. d/dx would have been nice, but a simple d/dx program is quite satisfactory for this. Perfect size for shirt pocket.

The 35S has the XROOT(Y)…d/dx would have made it easy to find the extremum of a function in the solve application. I like how the 35S will make a fraction conversion based on the fix setting of #digits to display. CASIO’s, TI’s will not find a candidate fraction if the decimal approximation does not agree with a candidate fraction out to at least 10 digits. I like how both the 35S and 42S allow the operator to choose the proper balance between digits displayed and accuracy/time to perform an integration. I will have to think about writing a d/dx program, perhaps one for algebraic and one for RPN.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
If only 1 more function… - lrdheat - 01-23-2023 03:04 AM
RE: If only 1 more function… - brouhaha - 01-25-2023, 06:14 AM
RE: If only 1 more function… - ThomasF - 01-27-2023, 01:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)