Sharp CE-150 printer/cassette interface questions
04-24-2023, 04:23 AM
RE: Sharp CE-150 printer/cassette interface questions
(04-23-2023 11:19 PM)Duane Hess Wrote:  
(04-14-2023 04:16 AM)sideburn Wrote:  I just got some sets of pens from Best and he recommends freezing or refrigerating the pens when not in use.

Anyone have any info on this do these pens tend to dry out? Do I even need to worry about it? I get mixed info online about freezing inks.

I have a Canon X-710 which uses the same mechanical "guts" as the CE-150. Been looking for good sources of pens. Is "Best" a museum member or a company? Would you elaborate on how to contact Best?

Don't have a clue about freezing but you might look at the following link:
http://tandy.wiki/CGP-115

on the Tandy Radio Shack/TRS-80 CGP-115 printer/plotter. The same mechanism is used in this brand also.

Towards the bottom is a section titled Pen/Ink Storage with their suggestion. Above that section is one which concerns refilling pens. If what they say is true, the ink is water based. Which makes one wonder if repeated freezing might damage the internal fibers or the case due to ice expansion.

There is also a link for purchasing new pens, never used it, don't know if it works. Sounded a bit pricey.

Interestingly, towards the top are links to PDFs for the operation and service manuals. Much of the service manual, especially electronics/interfaces might be Tandy specific. But there are sections on the mechanical plotter itself.

Best electronics has tons of NOS Atari computer stuff: https://www.best-electronics-ca.com/

His name is brad and you have to call him to place an order. Very old skool. He’s been in business for 30+ years.

The Atari 1020 plotter also uses the same alps plotter.

They are on this page: https://www.best-electronics-ca.com/laser_printers.htm

“ Atari 1020 Color Plotter color pen set (4 colors) CO61420-01 $9.95 Good News! Our Atari shipping department recently broke down one of the 1,000's pallets of Atari goods we got out of the local Atari Sunnyvale Warehouses years ago and stored away. They found a few small boxes of new Atari 1020 Color pen sets. So we are raising the current Limit of one 1020 color set per customer to a total of 4 Atari 1020 Color pen sets per customer.

See Best All Atari Rev. 10 Catalog page 148 for an Atari Information Tip to extend the useful life of Atari 1020 Plotter pens.

Atari 1020 Black pen set (4 Black pens) CO61420-03 $9.95 (limit 4 sets 1020 Black pen sets)”

Contact Information:

Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 1:30pm to 5:00pm PST
(International Customers when calling in to us, remember your local day may be a day ahead or behind us depending on your location in the world.)

Current Pacific Standard Time is:

Telephone:
(408) 278-1070 (Hours above)
Caller ID # required on all phone calls to Best
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharp CE-150 printer/cassette interface questions - sideburn - 04-24-2023 04:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)