Any guidelines on eBay purchases?
01-28-2023, 10:29 PM
RE: Any guidelines on eBay purchases?
And then there are the hucksters that get confused - but then I may be giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I recently bought a 67 on eBay ( a Singapore model) in perfect condition, bright keyboard, and refurbished card reader. What I got was a different machine, dirty, engraving scratched in the top plastic above the display, and the wrong serial number - a made in USA model. I bought it for $500, but I'd say the one I received is worth about a $100 less as I will have to spend my time to clean it up. Other than that I already own 4 HP-67's all made in USA. I wanted to get a Singapore model for my collection. I've already contacted the seller and asked if he has the other one and offered to send mine back in exchange. I'm interested in seeing how this plays out. The ad says 'no returns', but technically since I never received what I paid for, I think this is a different situation. We'll see. On the plus side, the one I received did have a refurbished card reader and they did a fine job. Most never bother to lube the worm gear and you get a lot of noise. This one is whisper quiet, just like the ones I do.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any guidelines on eBay purchases? - John Garza (3665) - 01-28-2023 10:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)