(Spoilers!) Comments and discussion on Valentin's 5th "Then and Now" - Roots
02-18-2023, 04:40 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2023 01:24 PM by J-F Garnier.)
RE: (Spoilers!) Comments and discussion on Valentin's 5th "Then and Now" - R...
Well, it took me some efforts but I got an approximation of the R(X) function good enough locate the roots.
Warning: It's a final spoiling of the problem but I guess that it's no more important after more than one week with few posts.

The starting point was the link provided by EdS2. Following the references, I found the paper with the solution.
However porting it to the 71B was not easy (for me).
I'm not a regular user of WolframAlpha, I used it only a few times, for instance to check Free42 results. So I had to learn how to ask for a calculation in the right way to get the magic constants that the approximation is using.
So definitively I didn't follow the rules of the challenge, hence the post in this thread.

[Edit:]
I wrote:
> So definitively I didn't follow the rules of the challenge, hence the post in this thread.
So was my initial understanding, but a couple of feedbacks lead me to move my solution in the main thread where it seems to be more appropriate.

J-F
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: (Spoilers!) Comments and discussion on Valentin's 5th "Then and Now" - R... - J-F Garnier - 02-18-2023 04:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)