Tripartite Palindromic Partition of Integer (HP 50g) Challenge
05-26-2023, 12:13 PM
RE: Tripartite Palindromic Partition of Integer (HP 50g) Challenge
(05-26-2023 08:52 AM)Gerald H Wrote:  Now very interested in your library compiler: library 859 has size

but after decompiling & recompiling using native 50g tools size is

with no (noticeable?) change to time of operations.
That's the library splitter not handling library commands nested in one another very well - because it's pretty much impossible. It's seeing that e.g. pickType is in the library's link table and extracts it to a file, but the copy embedded in fromZINT stays there. Then AlgMain is embedded in both copies of pickType, but it's also in the link table, so you get a third copy in a separate file ... that snowballs quickly.
If you were to replace all the embedded copies with ROMPTRs (or IDs which CRLIB can turn into ROMPTRs) referencing the non-embedded one, you'd likely trim it back down to ... around 4200 bytes, maybe? The library splitter's (forced) shortcomings make my tool look much better than it really is.

(05-26-2023 08:52 AM)Gerald H Wrote:  Very grateful for expansive explanation of difficulties, trust elaborating to your students clarifies points for yourself - the exegesis in itself requires more effort than I can muster.
As the kids would say: ROFL!
But you have a point, my complex writing style isn't known for being easy to understand. Sad Too long sentences, too deeply nested subordinate clauses, etc.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tripartite Palindromic Partition of Integer (HP 50g) Challenge - 3298 - 05-26-2023 12:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)