SPARCOM 2.5.1 Library / Split Lib / Extend HP50g Home port size
03-17-2023, 11:52 PM
RE: SPARCOM 2.5.1 Library / Split Lib / Extend HP50g Home port size

Hi Kiwi,

Thank you for the suggestion.

Yes, I had tried, and it seems to sort of work doing the library to directory part, however it cannot complete it because there is not enough memory in IRAM.

Right now the NavPac lib is in ERAM and it takes all the 128KB available (almost 100%), when D<->L converts it to a directory in the stack, it takes 128KB from IRAM so now only 101KB is available, and because of that, it cannot store it.

To overcome the issue, the IRAM should be 256K (or a bit larger) or accomplish all these operations in a PC where memory is not a problem.

I tinkered with Debug4x and found an example there that creates a library from SysRPL, but I couldn't make it work using User RPL (NavPac is programmed in User RPL). I thought to convert all the routines (more than 200) to SysRPL but I'm trying to avoid it for now.

Reading the Debug4x docs, I found an INCLOB directive but I'm not sure how to use it, and haven't experimented with it yet:

INCLOB (Include HP Object Files)

The INCLOB directive inserts a pre-compiled HP object file (xxx.hp) into the current build. There is very limited error checking and the programmer is responsible to make sure that the object is the right version for the calculator (i.e. HP-48 files for HP-48 etc.).

This command may be used in MASD, SysRPL or SASM modes. The proper format is:
INCLOB <file.hp>
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: SPARCOM 2.5.1 Library / Split Lib / Extend HP50g Home port size - acapde - 03-17-2023 11:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)