Reflections on Valentin's 2023 Pi day special
03-24-2023, 11:06 PM
RE: Reflections on Valentin's 2023 Pi day special
Hi, EdS2,

(03-24-2023 08:41 AM)EdS2 Wrote:  In the case of the challenge on these forums, there's an additional aspect, which is to be able to make use of the marvellous augmentations to the 71B's Basic, the various ROMs. And as noted, they make a great deal of difference because of the relative slowness of interpreted language.

First of all, if you continue to call them "augmentations" we'll have an additional issue. Frankly, it seems you do it on purpose to annoy me. FFS, you've used it and its friends 19 times already in this short thread. Did you learnt it recently and are you blabbering it all the time, baby-style ?. Wink

Second, not that slow: getting rid of the FPRIME assembler keyword (not "predicate", gosh !) by substituting it by four lines of BASIC code incurs only a 24% runtime penalty, which isn't that much, actually.

Have a look at the promised code I've written for your first "related challenge", to run my solution 1 for the HP-71B but using an "unaugmented [sic] 71B, or a similarly ordinary Basic" (your words) instead.

Try it on your BBC BASIC micro and report how it goes, if you'd obligue.

V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reflections on Valentin's 2023 Pi day special - Valentin Albillo - 03-24-2023 11:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)