voyager-lcd: Linux & Windows utility for Voyager display conversion to hexadecimal
03-28-2023, 04:19 AM
voyager-lcd: Linux & Windows utility for Voyager display conversion to hexadecimal
Recently I've been hacking the microcode of Voyager series calculators, and dealing with the mapping of LCD display segments to the hardware registers by hand is quite a pain. I wrote a program to allow clicking to toggle the segments of an approximation fo the Voyager LCD display, and showing the corresponding hexadecimal values of the registers. This might be useful for:

1. other people hacking Voyager microcode
2. people doing synthetic programming on the 15C, which can make display segment control available from user programs

The program is provided as source code for Linux, and an .msi installer package for Windows 10 and 11.

https://github.com/brouhaha/voyager-lcd/releases

Any and all feedback is welcome.

Notes:

* After starting the program, you'll have to embiggen the window to get the display to show up. Initially all segments are off, represented by light grey outlines on a white background, so at the initial small size, they're not really viaible at all.
* The program source code contains the segment mappings for the "normal" Voyager models (11C, 12C, 15C, and 16C), and also the mapping for the 10C, but presently there's no way to select the 10C mapping.
* It's my intention to eventually allow editing the hexadecimal register values, and seeing the effect on the segments, but that isn't yet implemented.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
voyager-lcd: Linux & Windows utility for Voyager display conversion to hexadecimal - brouhaha - 03-28-2023 04:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)