HP 35 - Working with AC Charger but not Battery Pack
04-08-2023, 08:45 AM
HP 35 - Working with AC Charger but not Battery Pack
Hi all,

I recently purchased a HP 35 which seems to be in pretty good condition. Whilst the calculator came with 3 very old NiCAD battery packs, I also decided to purchase a new battery holder for the Classic series that uses 3 AAA Alkaline batteries.

Haven't tried running with the old battery packs installed as these cannot be in suitable condition. However, when I tried running the calculator with the new battery holder it will not turn-on.

With the original AC charger (820002A) plugged-in & without batteries, the calculator turns-on & works fine.

Since I am new to the Classic series, I was wondering if you have had any luck running these calculators on 3 AAA Alkaline batteries in an aftermarket holder? The seller of the new battery pack assured me that it should work fine.

Are there other replacement battery packs you would recommend? And finally, is there something likely to be wrong with my calculator that may be preventing it from working with the new battery holder that I may be able to fix?

Many thanks,

Michael
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP 35 - Working with AC Charger but not Battery Pack - Michael Lopez - 04-08-2023 08:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)