Good tiny device for storing/summing up a few lists of numbers throughout the day?
09-05-2014, 09:38 PM
Medical Records in the Cloud - It's here now!
(08-20-2014 06:26 AM)walter b Wrote:  Dave, do you really want your medical data in the cloud?!? Undecided

I think that boat has already sailed in the United States. Most of our Medical Records are already in the "cloud". I went to the Doctor today, he had a Wi-Fi notebook, he could access all my medical records, he could place order for my prescriptions electronically to almost any pharmacy including mail order pharmacies.

I have emailed my doctors to set up appointments and for follow up. They will usually email me back within 12 hours with the appointment set up. Very convenient. Is it secure - who knows.

I go to a laboratory and have medical tests done, they are sent electronically to the doctors. This includes xrays, mri scans, etc. No waiting for lab results to be mailed to the Doctors.

I have no ideal how secure any of these medical records are. I'm sure there are rules and regulations on it - but who knows how secure it is.

I don't know what other countries do, but the US is pushing for electronic medical records. There are great benefits to it, but as mentioned, also possibility for abuse. Time will tell. But it is here now, whether we want it or not.

Bill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Medical Records in the Cloud - It's here now! - Bill (Smithville NJ) - 09-05-2014 09:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)