Variables global to a program
12-22-2013, 03:14 AM
RE: Variables global to a program
Michael;
I suppose you could call them LOCAL variables, but they don't appear to behave like regular LOCAL variables in the fact they retain their values if you exit the program or emulator. A regular LOCAL variable will lose it's value once the program is exited, these particular variables do not appear to lose their values.

Patrice;
You said: "Your program is responsible to initialize and clear all the variables it use." I know how to initialize the variables, but am not clear if it is possible to purge (delete) them, within the program, like you can with User RPL. I could clear them within a program, but they are still there taking up memory space. The only way an EXPORTEDed variable can be deleted from memory is to manually remove it's definition from the program. A ":=" created variable can be deleted manually through the memory manager, but I have not found a way to delete it automatically when I exit the program. Your "MyGlobVar;" cannot be deleted through the memory manager(memory manager doesn't see it), nor have I found a way to delete it automatically when I exit the program. I hope this is a more clear explanation.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Variables global to a program - Bob Frazee - 12-22-2013, 01:09 AM
RE: Variables global to a program - Bob Frazee - 12-22-2013 03:14 AM
RE: Variables global to a program - Han - 12-22-2013, 03:56 AM
RE: Variables global to a program - Han - 12-22-2013, 04:43 AM
RE: Variables global to a program - Han - 12-22-2013, 02:06 PM
RE: Variables global to a program - Snorre - 12-22-2013, 11:56 AM
RE: Variables global to a program - Han - 12-22-2013, 03:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)