eBay Systemyde 41CL v2 - can't update
06-12-2023, 02:23 PM
eBay Systemyde 41CL v2 - can't update
I purchased a 41CL v2 off of eBay recently. When it arrived, it had never been updated. In fact, the serial cable that was provided was still sealed in the manufacturer's bag.

Being a v2, it does not have the update rom, so I am attempting to load it according to the instructions. When I get to the point where it says to run "YIMP" on the calculator, nothing happens. It gives no error, but I never see the expected message. The screen goes blank for about a second, and then I see "1" in the X register. If I try a second time without resetting the calculator, the screen doesn't go blank, and I get a 2 in the X register.

I have tried this so many times that I couldn't even begin to count. I just finished disassembling the calculator to verify that the serial cable is plugged in correctly, and it is. I reseated it for good measure with no change in behavior.

A forum search turned up someone with a Beta board that had the same issue, and they got around it by loading the new roms with a CLONIX, but I don't have one, and don't know where I would get one...

Anybody have any other ideas that I might try?

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
eBay Systemyde 41CL v2 - can't update - signals - 06-12-2023 02:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)