Introduction and RPN calculator advice
08-11-2023, 11:45 AM
Introduction and RPN calculator advice
Hello, i've been reading this forum for many years. I'd like to introduce me: my grandpa who worked as a "emergency solver" in the naval field introduced me to RPN with a 32S and at university I got myself a 35S and a 50g; i sold the 35S quickly because there wasn't enough memory to keep all my programs there. On the other hand, my 50g did FEM, statistics, CFD, quad precision stuff and everything imaginable, it's literally a handheld pc. Despite my limited RPL knowledge I wrote a tiny conversion utility that ended up on hpcalc.org, "in2mm".
I did rocket research and in our lab there was this beaten-up bulletproof casio(was it even scientific?) which let's be honest ended up doing 90% of the keypresses, but in the remaining 10% the 50g has proved invaluable. Matlab is crashing? 50g. No FEM or CFD at hand? 50g. Improvised eq? 50g.

Fast forward a few years, and at work I find myself losing time doing calculations on the phone or the pc. I've tried RPN emulators both on the phone and the pc, but nothing is like the physical keyboard on a true RPN machine. I've tried the Casio fx-82 solar II which is very compact and packed with functions but it misses keystrokes and it's not RPN. My 50g has already been abused and it's bulky to carry around, I'd like something compact and RPN.

Therefore I think I'll have to choose between a 15C, 32SII, DM15L, DM32..what would you suggest?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Introduction and RPN calculator advice - NicolaB - 08-11-2023 11:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)