Video: playing Wish You Were Here with Floyd Reloaded in their rehearsal room
11-15-2014, 05:01 AM
RE: Video: playing Wish You Were Here with Floyd Reloaded in their rehearsal room
(11-14-2014 05:35 PM)Jeff O. Wrote:  
(11-13-2014 08:54 PM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  World; don't bother me for an hour.

Been more than an hour. Review?

Well Jeff, you axed for it: I like it, so remember that while you read this. But "it's not your father's Pink Floyd album". Of course calling it an album puts me in at least someone's father's age group.

It's built around a bunch of the late Richard Wright's recorded keyboard tracks. That gives it as firm a foundation as any record (there i go dating myself again) could ask for. Gilmore and Mason clearly loved him dearly and this feels like a personal goodbye, stated publicly. The difference from their older work is that their other stuff is where they were then at that moment stylistically. This has flavor from Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall, and maybe others. Again; I like that but it does take one around the map.

It has a touch of "ambiance" (think Brian Eno) to it, which might come from Eno's compatriot / the disc's producer, Phil Manzanera. Only one track has lyrics, and those are Floyd-worthy ones at that. I've listened to it five times and it's not leaving the CD changer yet.

Thanks Dave, for having made a "not remotely HP calculators" section of the forum for things like this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Video: playing Wish You Were Here with Floyd Reloaded in their rehearsal room - d b - 11-15-2014 05:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)