Can anybody please sanity check my Free42/Plus42 skin before I submit it?
08-23-2023, 02:59 PM
RE: Can anybody please sanity check my Free42/Plus42 skin before I submit it?
(08-23-2023 12:29 PM)Vincent Weber Wrote:  Just the EQN key on the standard skin!

Sorry, I thought you meant the standard HP42S skin. You were clearly referring to the EQN function on the "standard" Plus42 skin. I just figured those "standard" functions were chosen by the developer as a default example of what could be done with an extra row of keys i.e. the point being that this calculator/skin was something more open for customization than cast in stone. He made his favorite flavor, and I made mine, others will make theirs. I could easily be talked into dumping several functions I never use for other more popular ones (such as EQN), but then people may complain about those trade offs. My primary goal was to not lose any original HP42S functionality on the buttons and to add my own custom functionality on another row. Regarding the original functionality, I've never really used several functions (e.g. PROB, STAT, and especially PRINT) but I was too "scared" to touch them. If you'd like EQN instead of PRINT I'd be more than happy to do that. I'd just be unclear about how unpopular that would be with the PRINT crowd, and note that it would also demote EQN to a shifted function. I won't give up on pi as it's own button - I use that way too much.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can anybody please sanity check my Free42/Plus42 skin before I submit it? - MickM - 08-23-2023 02:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)