Programming error on the physical calculator only
08-31-2014, 08:33 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2014 09:25 AM by jebem.)
RE: Programming error on the physical calculator only
Did you try to delete those 3 extra "|" symbols in the physical HP Prime editor?

I have the same software and firmware versions and it passes the validation with no errors. I have:
-started the HP Connectivity kit;
-started the HP Prime virtual calculator (Rev. 6031);
- connected the HP Prime machine (s/w 6030) into a USB port on my PC (both calculators appears in the HP Connectivity kit inventory;
-copied your posted text program into a new program named "MOUSEDISPLAY" in the HP Prime virtual calculator;
- got the same errors as you report, but after deleting the extra "|" symbols it was ok;
-drag and drop the HP Prime virtual calculator "MOUSEDISPLAY" program into the HP Prime Programs folder;
- on the HP Prime machine went for Programs, Edit, Check and got no errors.

My Prime setup is:
HP Prime in Function App, Home mode, setting Radians, number format standard, digit grouping 123456.789, entry textbook, integers Hex 32, Complex a+b*i checked.

EDIT:
Concerning the VM problems not seeing the physical Prime:

1. There are some issues reported by many people with the way the HP Connectivity kit handles the USB interface, even without involving virtualization in the process: Not every USB port is compatible with the HP software, so I would recommend to use another USB port (USB v3 can give issues; also USB hub ports can be a problem if they are powerless);

2. If running Windows inside a VM, I would recommend VMware Player 6 (freeware) for Linux, as it can redirect the physical USB port to the VM's USB virtual h/w device to be presented to the Guest OS; if you have the time to try it, maybe you would like to check the following links:
Using VMware Player
VMware Player documentation
Download VMware Player
VMware KB: Automatically connecting USB devices at virtual machine power on (1648)

P.S. - Aquele Abraço!

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Programming error on the physical calculator only - jebem - 08-31-2014 08:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)