A skinnable phone/desktop 42S emulator (aside from Free42/Plus42)
10-27-2023, 02:40 AM
RE: A skinnable phone/desktop 42S emulator (aside from Free42/Plus42)
That's a cool video - I really love the resolution of what can be done on the screen menu boxes vs the ridiculously pixelated version on the HP42S! When designing this skin I definitely thought about doing an in-line multiply vs continuing the numeric entry process using the E key. However, you're forced into "entering" the number without the possibility of further edits, and that multiplication also nukes the T-register. Yes, I know you can use the N-level stack, but I wanted this to work for people who didn't want to use that feature. Additionally, if a user program menu was up and you were feeding it numbers via the menu buttons then the program could easily be corrupted by the unexpected loss of the T-register when you key in such a metric notation number.
I'm going to stick with the way it's currently being done for my skin, although I respect the process of discussion and debate to test assumptions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A skinnable phone/desktop 42S emulator (aside from Free42/Plus42) - MickM - 10-27-2023 02:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)