Is there a website describing TI Nspire platforms?
11-08-2023, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2023 10:36 PM by StephenG1CMZ.)
Is there a website describing TI Nspire platforms?
I have just been intrigued by a mention of the TI Nspire having a good keyboard to try to find out more about this.

The initial results are confusing and disappointing, but the disappointment might be unjustified, as I have only quickly browsed many websites.

First, the keyboard. Someone said it had alpha keys accessible without shifting numbers on a keypad, which sounds good for programming, except it's actually an AZ keyboard not qwerty.

Second, cost. Unlike the HP Prime emulator, which costs about £25 to purchase if your device is supported (but has no Python), it seems it can be rented for about $25/year...I have yet to discover a UK price.*

However, platforms.
Although at first glance it seems it's available on Chromebook, some sites suggest this is a licence free version that only works with a dongle (a real calculator), whereas the Windows version doesn't require the dongle (to be confirmed).

The internet is required if you are using the online emulator/or not-emulator, and one website says it must be "reliable".

Is there a single website from TI that makes clear whether an emulator for the Chromebook is available? As mentioning a Chromebook version that doesn't emulate (simulate?) next to Windows versions that may seems likely to confuse.

*prices here are estimates for some software and do not include any required dongles.

Santa, anything other than Numworks with Python on Chromebook/Android?

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Is there a website describing TI Nspire platforms? - StephenG1CMZ - 11-08-2023 12:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)