RPN83P: RPN calculator for TI-83+ TI-84+ inspired by HP-42S
03-14-2024, 08:28 PM
RE: RPN83P: RPN calculator for TI-83+ TI-84+ inspired by HP-42S
(03-14-2024 11:40 AM)Dave Britten Wrote:  Seems like it's working fine on my Pocket. It is, after all, just an 84+ SE in a smaller form factor.

Awesome, thank you for verifying, I'll update my README.md. I mean, sure, that's what Texas Instruments say, but I ain't going to take their word for it without validating. Manufacturers sometimes drastically change the hardware or firmware of a product, without changing the model number or the serial number sequence.

(03-14-2024 11:40 AM)Dave Britten Wrote:  Certainly! On these calculators, you select a category of units (length, area, temperature, etc.), and are given a menu with various units to choose from. To convert, you first press the unit you are converting from, and then press the unit you are converting to. So if I wanted to convert 25 ft to m on the 19BII, I would type 25, press "FT", and then press "M", which would convert the value in the X register. The TI-85 is similar in that you get a menu of units, and press two in sequence to enter a complete conversion function. So to enter the expression 25[ft]>[m], you would type 25, press "FT", then press "M". You can include as many conversions as needed in a single expression.

That's fascinating. I took a quick scan through the TI-85 and 19bii manuals, now that I know what to look for, and I kinda like it. I'm going to think about how this feature can be implemented in RPN83P. No promises though. Quick question: Do these calculators exhibit the roundoff problems in unit conversions shown by Casio calculators?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: RPN83P: RPN calculator for TI-83+ TI-84+ inspired by HP-42S - bxparks - 03-14-2024 08:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)