It's alive! (HP 25 w/Panamatik ACT)
01-09-2024, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2024 05:32 PM by PANAMATIK.)
RE: It's alive! (HP 25 w/Panamatik ACT)
Thanks to all for the nice feedback!

Although I didn't participate in this forum for long time, because I had not much news to report, I will keep trying to send ACT repair kits to everybody who needs to revive an old Woodstock calculator. Meanwhile over some years more than 500 calculators could be repaired!

Since last year, I was forced to work again on the new ACT circuit software, because the PIC16F1518 processor was not longer available. I changed to the pin compatible PIC16F15256 processor, which has a lot of different registers. Many peripherals had to be programmed differently to get the same timing, it also runs now at double speed (now 32MHz), which was not the reason for the change and not at all necessary, but a nice to have for running programs much faster now. Then there was a lot of testing before I could be sure to send the new version to you. But meanwhile a bunch of ACTs with the new processor are sent out in the wild and behave as well as the previous version.

Bernhard

That's one small step for a man - one giant leap for mankind.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's alive! (HP 25 w/Panamatik ACT) - PANAMATIK - 01-09-2024 05:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)