newRPL: How about dual soft menus?
09-09-2014, 10:33 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 10:35 PM by Joe Horn.)
RE: newRPL: How about dual soft menus?
(09-09-2014 01:33 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  New idea: The rise of Alpha
The alpha key is underutilized. It should be as useful as third shift.
For a single keypress, you can use press-and-hold alpha+key. This would allow you to quickly type short text while in other modes, just by keeping Alpha pressed while typing. Then when you release alpha, you remain in the previous mode.

Unfortunately, the 50g already uses press-and-hold ALPHA+key for user's key assignments, by using the key+0.01 press-and-hold keycode. For example, a program assigned to keycode 21.41 will be executed only when APPS is pressed while holding down the ALPHA key. Combining ALPHA with the two shift keys, this offers the user over 100 available keys for press-and-hold assignments of any kind. Redefining press-and-hold ALPHA+key to save one keystroke would lose this powerful functionality.

(09-09-2014 01:33 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  When in uppercase mode, press-and-hold alpha + key would do the lowercase, and when in lowercase, it would do upper (this is currently done with the white shift, but why not alpha itself?).

Here's why: it would lose the press-and-hold ALPHA+key assignment functionality. I don't want to give up all my press-and-hold ALPHA+key assignments just to save one keystroke when typing mixed case alpha.

Disclaimer: My opinion only. Subject to change without notice or apparent reason.

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: How about dual soft menus? - Joe Horn - 09-09-2014 10:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)