Entering the 'Edit Integer' window
01-04-2024, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2024 06:18 PM by komame.)
RE: Entering the 'Edit Integer' window
(12-21-2023 09:20 AM)matalog Wrote:  So is there a way to definitely get into the Edit Integer window with one or 2 key presses?

Is there any way to call the window from a program? In which case, I could write a program to get me there in one keypress.

Hi Matalog,

If you use the "Customizing key presses" described in the manual (third edition) on page 615, you can enable persistent user mode (by pressing the "User" combination twice (Shift+Help, Shift+Help)) and then, by applying the appropriate program, you can simulate the "Edit Integer" window.
I am attaching a very simple example that demonstrates this capability. It also works in other programs, even in the PPL editor.

But it's just a proof of concept; it converts only from DEC to HEX and only small numbers. Only the keys from 0 to 9, backspace and Enter work; there's no error handling, no optimization, etc. However, you can adapt it to your needs and then you'll probably achieve what you're looking for.

The header "KEY KS_Minus()" means that the program is assigned to the "Base" function, replacing the original "Edit Integer" mechanism as long as you have the user mode enabled.

Best wishes,
Piotr

Attached File(s)
.zip  EDIT_INTEGER.zip (Size: 992 bytes / Downloads: 3)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Entering the 'Edit Integer' window - komame - 01-04-2024 06:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)