Color Blindness and HP Prime keys color choice
06-10-2014, 06:41 PM
RE: Color Blindness and HP Prime keys color choice
Sent a request to HP for information on the poor color choice on the Prime keys and got this reply:
Quote:Thank you for your question.

I would try in a different lighting, not really much we can do to change the perspective view of the Prime.

Kind Regards

HP Calculator Support

Well - dim lighting is out of the question for sure, but even a bright halogen can't make up for the fuzziness and poor contrast on the keys especially the key '9' and '2' and '3'. How am I suppose to read the infinity, i and pi symbols there?

A few transparent stickers help a bit (see before and after / left and right photos below) - and allows for labeling the limited "Undo" function in RPN mode on the Shift+Ans key (returns last two elements on stack, undoing the latest operator).

Been using the Prime sporadically for a few weeks now and it seems like great hardware but half-baked OS. Room for improvement. The latest pinch-to-zoom feature really kicks some gluteus-maximus compared to the TI nSpire. High-school kid in the family is envious of that feature ;-)

[Image: HP%20Prime%20Key%20labels%20DSCN9103.jpg]

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Color Blindness and HP Prime keys color choice - donald Williams - 02-11-2014, 10:01 PM
RE: Color Blindness and HP Prime keys color choice - DrDevinci - 06-10-2014 06:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)