HP50G: Recommendation for equation manager to organize equations
01-22-2024, 08:27 PM
RE: HP50G: Recommendation for equation manager to organize equations
Thank you for your comments. I considered PEQUM and had a look at its documentation. Unfortunately the documentation is missing the NOTE feature which allows you to add some text to your equations. Initially I skipped PEQUM because I couldn't see how to add infos regarding the variables but installed it anyhow at some later point and found the NOTE feature.

The reason that I won't use PEQUM is because I prefer the equation library in the EQL+ style. So it's really only a personal preference and not missing functionality on PEQUM.

I did also consider TreeBrowser as I mainly read good things about it. I wasn't aware that it won't run on an emulator though but I figured that having three HP50Gs (one for work, one at home and a spare one) and two HP49Gs is a disadvantage for once as the software is bound to the S/N of the calcutor.

So far I wasn't able to make EqLU work properly and also failed to strip EQL+ down (removing the included library) so I'm using unmodified EQL+ now. I really like its fast equation browser and the option to create topics and subtopics. EQL+ can also be used with units but I almost never use this functionality. To speed up the process of entering the equations I made use of DebugX (DebugX --> Emulator --> SD-CARD --> HP 50G).

regards
Roman
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP50G: Recommendation for equation manager to organize equations - roem76 - 01-22-2024 08:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)