Mains adapter/charger for HP-67 and HP-65?
02-07-2024, 09:17 PM
RE: Mains adapter/charger for HP-67 and HP-65?
As a rule, I externally charge batteries for all my LED machines. It's just safer and more foolproof that way. The little black HP 'Reserve Power Pack' is ideal for this and it even works for TI-59 style battery packs. And spare classic power adapters are available on ebay or if you've been collecting for a while, you should already have bins full of them. One series I do not have an external charger for is the 10/19C. I charge those with a small HP lab power supply where I can adjust both the voltage and current. Model 6214A. The original HP classic NiCds charge at 50ma - and that's what the Adapter connected to the Reserve Power Pack supplies. However, newer battery types may require more current sometimes in the charging cycle to charge properly. I generally keep 1000mAh triple cell NiCd packs for the classics and don't use the 2-3Ah NiMH cells so I can charge them with my existing equipment in a reasonable time frame (like 8-12hrs).

-J
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mains adapter/charger for HP-67 and HP-65? - John Garza (3665) - 02-07-2024 09:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)