CASIO Graph Lite and Graph Math+
04-13-2024, 02:10 AM
RE: CASIO Graph Lite and Graph Math+
(04-12-2024 03:00 PM)Dands Wrote:  Clearly, people that think the CW was a good release are not engineering students or professional engineers that need to take very difficult timed exams. Workflow speed is crucial. Readily available operations are crucial. Toggle keys are crucial.

I believe Casio gave in to student boards and over-simplified the 991EX to provide a better appeal to middle and high school students in Europe. They removed dedicated keys and hid everything behind menus to achieve a simpler (less scary) keypad layout.

The S<=>D and ENG key removal, and the Format key killed the calculator, adding extra steps that are burdensome and made the workflow much worse. Also, the complex mode is just bad - there is no dedicated angle key for quick phasor calculations. Everything is there, but hidden behind menus. Terrible workflow. They even got rid of the handy x^-1 key!

The fx-991EX remains the absolute best sicentic calculator for engineers.

These new ones look great, but I can still see the infamous format key. Also, for our fellow power engineers out there, I predict that the new CG100 won't be able to calculate hyperbolic functions with complex arguments. For example cosh(2+3i). This is crucial in some power engineering topics and only a few CAS calculators can do it.

I would help if the calculator companies do a calculator geared for school and one geared for professionals like the old days.

And I doubt the complex number support will extend to trig and hyperbolic functions as they never had it for non-CAS Casio calculators. But I'm up for a pleasant surprise.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CASIO Graph Lite and Graph Math+ - Eddie W. Shore - 04-13-2024 02:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)