HP Prime. The programmer dream machine
09-19-2014, 05:05 PM
HP Prime. The programmer dream machine
Hi,

I did my first "serious" program on the Prime last week. It is a implementation of the game "2048". See the "HP Prime software library" forum if you want to try it.

I programmed this game directly on the calculator during my road trip to the U.S. (Not while I was driving!) I had no reference other that the online help. About 6 hours of work.

I can honestly declare that this is the best calculator I have ever programmed with. And I have tried a lot. The context sensitive help works very well, editor is good (if you don't swipe to scroll), copy paste also works very well. And the best aspect of it is the billions of functions to achieve want you want... And the speed...

Sure every time I do a RPN or RPL program, I feel a kind of pride at the end, especially when the implementation was clean and efficient. But programming a HP-50G is no where as easy as programming the prime.

I like very much this calculator. Sure it has some issues, but its advantages far outweigh its shortcomings. And for those who are wondering, I use it daily at work in RPN mode.

François
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP Prime. The programmer dream machine - Francois Lanciault - 09-19-2014 05:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)