LIF File Types: HP 41, 71, 75, series 80
09-26-2014, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2014 07:50 PM by rprosperi.)
RE: LIF File Types: HP 41, 71, 75, series 80
(09-26-2014 06:22 PM)Michael Fehlhammer Wrote:  I asked Ansgar Kückes whether he could upgrade his software by adding a means of defining one's own extensions - for example, by providing a simple user-editable and expandable .ini file that lists file types in hex representation along with the corresponding file type name.
Fortunately he is planning to upgrade HPDir anyway, and he is willing to extend the tool to meet the needs of us calculator enthusiasts.
What he would like to have is an initial version of such a file type data base....

Excelent news Michael, thanks for motivating Ansgar on behalf of us calculator fans. Only this past weekend at HHC in Reno we had a discussion on this exact topic - how to extract from or add into a LIF archive file - for use with 71, 75, and 41. I did recommend HPDIR (with links to the site) but noted the limitations of the "file type" and "implemetation bytes", which are the 2 items you have described (I believe). Having these improved in a new version of HPDIR would be quite useful for manipulating LIF files.

Where should information on requested File Types / Implementaiton Bytes be sent? Should suggesitons simply be added via post here, or are you collecting them, should they be sent to Ansgar, etc?

Good news indeed, thank you for sharing this news and for helping to make these improvements possible!

Edit: I just knew Dave would beat me!

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: LIF File Types: HP 41, 71, 75, series 80 - rprosperi - 09-26-2014 07:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)