HP-19BII Business Consultant II for 20 Euros?
10-18-2014, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2014 08:18 PM by jebem.)
RE: HP-19BII Business Consultant II for 20 Euros?
@ Dave,
I met the seller today and bought the calculator for the asking price.

Unfortunately this one uses the common side port, and it is slightly dented.
On top of that, the lady had engraved her name initials on both sides!
She said: you know what happens in the schools, stuff just disappears from your table and next week you see someone using it next to you and you cann't get it back...

She did not show these two detail in the adverts... very smart.
She said that she doesn't understand this technical details, like I was being picky...

On the positive side, the machine works nicely and the lcd is very readable for this kind of generation LCD.

@Geoff,
Thanks for sharing your life experience.
I agree that we should not take advantage of the others lack of knowledge on the value that us, avid HP machine collectors, are willing to pay to own these objects of desire.

But in the present case, I felt that I was cheated by the seller.
I only bought the machine because I'm a good heart and after driving myself to the mall for this acquisition, I had to have it.

@Max,
I was looking to acquire one if these models to add to my collection, and because the price was low enough, I accepted the sellers price, despite the issues found.

But yes, I tend to agree with you, and for additional reasons.
For one, money is short, and on top of that I suspect that my wife wants to kill me one of these days for spending money on useless stuff. Smile

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-19BII Business Consultant II for 20 Euros? - jebem - 10-18-2014 08:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)