Elektronika MK-52: The MK-61 big brother?
01-02-2016, 08:10 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2016 08:41 AM by jebem.)
RE: Elektronika MK-52: The MK-61 big brother?
(12-31-2015 01:38 PM)Adalin Wrote:  I have a mk-52 that seems to have a broken eeprom, at least I think its broken
I cant save anything to it in any case.

Hi, welcome to this forum!
According to Sergei Frolov referenced in post#5 above, he found a few machines having defective EEPROM chips.

If you managed to get these chips (I couldn't find any when I was looking for some samples some time ago), then replacing the suspect IC with a new one is the next obvious task to take imho.
EDIT: I have just found one seller here.

Just a word of caution: These printed circuit boards (PCB) are VERY fragile!
Removing components in a safe way is a destructive process - meaning that we either destroy the PCB or the component in the procedure.

Destroying the PCB is not an option, so we should destroy the EEPROM IC to protect the PCB.
Basically we cut the IC pin legs, one by one, and only then we remove the legs from the PCB by desoldering them, one by one.

The procedure is quite simple, but requires adequate soldering tools and skills.
A good 20/30Watt soldering iron with a fine tip, a desoldering station/pump, and a small cutter pliers are the minimum tools to be used here.
You may have a look here for an example of such procedure.

Good luck with your machine.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Elektronika MK-52: The MK-61 big brother? - jebem - 01-02-2016 08:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)